Friday, October 28, 2011

Spooktacular Yappy Hour!

Dad getting me ready for the party
Spooktacular Yappy Hour at Animals Galore!

Wow, my first Halloween party ever! I didn't like the dressing-up part but I loved the other dogs and all those treats! I even got some doggie mints - yum! Animals Galore in Harlingen, Texas, knows how to throw a doggie party.

Chiquita & I get acquainted
While I smelled out the party and made friends with some of the other guests, Pat, my executive assistant, took some pictures.

I met this really cool dog - I called her Chiquita because of her costume. She won 2nd place in the contest. She was friendly and we had fun. She liked the treats too.

Toby in his costume
The first place winner, Toby, was dressed up as a bee. He was cool but I wonder if he liked wearing a costume. I had a hat but I shook it off every time Dad put it on me. He finally gave up. Anyway, Toby agreed to an interview so you'll be hearing more from him soon. Dad says I should be more like him because he did everything his mom told him to do. I try - most of the time!

Red Riding Hood & the Wolf
Then I met Little Red Riding Hood and the big bad wolf. Mom said they're famous and she tried to tell me the story. I just had too much going on to pay much attention. Little Red Riding Hood's costume was made by Joyce Graham. She makes stuff for dogs and cats to wear. Check out some of her stuff at www.Hannahshandmades.weebly.com. Joyce had a cat face on, but she didn't smell like a cat.

You can see his bones
There was another dog that looked like he was all bones - but they didn't look like you could chew on them. So why have bones, right? I didn't get to meet all the dogs because we kept getting treats and every dog knows - treats always get our attention.

The only part that sounded like work was my time with Jaime Benitez. He's a "K-9 Consultant." I think that means that he wants me to do what he tells me. He kept pushing my butt to the ground and then telling me "Good dog." It took me a while to figure out what he wanted and then I played along for a couple of minutes. Then there were too many other things going on. Mom and Dad talked to him for a long time though. I wonder if they'll start pushing my butt down now.

Banana time
Toby as a bee
Little Red Riding Hood
Didn't get her name
I got some new treats to take home. I LIKE them!

Chiquita's face







Anyway, if you're a dog, and you're going to be around Harlingen, next Halloween, maybe Animals Galore will throw another party. I sure hope so.






No comments:

Post a Comment