Friday, October 7, 2011

Luke interviews Bubba Rodgers

Wow, Bubba Rodgers is my first interview on my new website!

Bubba, a 7-year-old chocolate Lab, lives in Texas. Our moms attended a conference together last week. Bubba was a little sickly and had to see his vet but he’s better now.  His mom never wanted a dog in the family but in 2004, her sons took her out to dinner for Mother’s Day and convinced her that the whole family needed a puppy.
That’s when Bubba became part of the Rodgers family and their lives have never been the same. He easily became the third son to loving parents – isn’t that a great dog story?

I asked Bubba to describe himself.
Bubba Dog
Bubba: I’m a fashion model, long-legged and handsome.  Before the other boys left home, I played “buffer” whenever there was family friction. We became a very close family and even though the boys are out on their own now, they still love me.
 
Luke: What are your favorite smells – outside and indoors?
Bubba: When I’m outside I look for squirrels. They have an awesome smell. In the house, I love the smell of smoked turkey.

Luke: Do you have any favorite toys?
Bubba: Sure. I have a stuffed squeaky snake that I love to toss around. I like Nylabones too.

Luke: Do you like kids and cats?
Bubba: Sure. I’m a social sort of guy. I play super easy with cats, little dogs and kids. Sometimes they’re afraid and I have to remind myself to go easy with them.

Luke: Do you believe in dog heaven?
Bubba: You bet I do. I know I have a soul and if I’m good, I’ll go to dog heaven. Mom told me it’s a wonderful place with green grass, plenty of trees and flowers, blue skies and everyone I love.
In my heavenly home, I hope my mom isn’t a writer. She needs too much help from me when she’s trying to figure out scenes and characters. It’s tiring work, plus she talks all the time until I help her solve her problems. She says I’m a good listener.

Luke: Do you like to ride in a car?
Bubba: I love it! When Mom is working, she sometimes takes me for long rides. She’s even named her car the “Bubbamobile” and the “Burban.” How cool is that?
The car is the place I help my mom. When it’s just the two of us, we can get it done.


Luke: Is there anything else you’d like to tell us?
Bubba: Mom thinks I’m her 7-year-old furry boy and she took my picture when I was wearing a red baseball cap. Dad is a pilot so Mom took a picture of me with goggles. She loves to take pictures and even took me to church to get my picture taken. I guess it’s because I’m such a handsome fella.
At night my mom understands what I think when I get in bed with her. Dad’s gone a lot. I let Mom know that I love her and I’m glad Dad’s flying ‘cause she lets me sleep on his pillow. Please don’t tell him!

No comments:

Post a Comment