Sunday, July 31, 2016

My Pulaski County weekend


JB King and me
In the judge's chair

Wow, another great weekend although I spent lots of time in the car. Friday night we went to a reception an old courthouse in Waynesville, MO. Mom said it was built in 1903 and that was very old. We met a group of writers and everyone talked to me.

I met a former Pulaski County sheriff, JB King. After we became friends, he said I could sit in the judge's chair behind the desk, so I posed for photos. 

Dad and Chris sampled the Piney River Float Trip beer. I didn't get anything to drink but Dad did let me taste his cheese and crackers.

Puppy in the park

Route 66 Diner
Mom took pictures of a puppy when we were at the Roubidoux park. I walked all around the park with Dad and we looked at lots of old stuff in tents. The women wore long dresses and the men wore uniforms. We saw lots of people and I made new friends. 

This morning, we ate at the Route 66 Diner with Lisa and Tim Trudell - more new friends, and Karen Hood and Laura Huffman - old friends. I got to pose for pictures but no one fed me any food. Sometimes a dog's life can be tough.
Sena and me

But I ended up getting lots of treats from my friend, Sena, at the Baymont Hotel in St. Robert. They love to have me stay there and it's a really nice place.

Mom says we'll be back next month for the Missouri Outdoor Communicators conference and then again for the Pulaski County History Crawl.

I know I'll have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment