Sunday, July 10, 2016

I became a farm dog for two days




I visited Iowa with my family and spent two days wondering about life as a farm dog. What did I learn? A lot.

I learned that corn is really tall. It was even taller than my dad and I have to look up just to see his knees.


I learned that John Deere tractors are super big too. In fact, I think everything on Iowa farms is big. I didn't get to ride in a tractor but I did get a chance to see the world from a higher-than-normal perch.


I learned that cats may never be my friends. I don't know very many but none I've met want to hang out with me. Maybe there's hope for this little fella though. He's kinda cute.



I learned that the Iowa sun can be super hot and the flies love it.

I had a chance to check out some antiques at SOS Vintage in Webster City.


Best of all, I found out that people eat well. We had a pork dinner that was out of this world - I did get to sample a couple of bites! Yum! They told me Iowa is famous for its pork, so maybe I'll get to return someday. At home, I just get dog food and, believe me, it's not as good.

Oh, I also made a whole bunch of new friends. I like Iowa!

2 comments:

  1. It was so nice to meet you, Luke, and to spend the weekend exploring Iowa farm life with you. Hope to travel again with you someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I loved meeting you. I had a lot of fun except for one cat at the farm. We're home now and I'm hanging out today.

      Delete