Monday, October 15, 2012

Names

I've been thinkin' about my name - Luke.

It's a good name and I like it but one little word can mean so many things. Sometimes it's hard to understand people but not when they speak your name. I've learned that some people - like my doctor and my groomer - stick my family name on the end of it. That's okay.

When people call me Luke, it's a friendly sort of greeting, meant to tell me they like me.

Sometimes Mom calls me Lukie or Lukie-baby. That tells me she wants to be all cuddly and if I don't watch it, she'll try to kiss me.

Mom also calls me her "Baby Boy" while Dad calls me "Little Man." Go figure.

When Mom calls me Luke, that means she's talking about me. When she calls Lu-u-uke, that means she wants me to come.

When either of them call LUKE, that means I'm in trouble and I better listen.

The worst - when they call LUKE!! I hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment