Saturday, August 27, 2016

Arkansas Likes Dogs

My bed at the Hampton Inn



Calling all dogs to take your families to Arkansas, a state that proved to be a dog paradise for me!

As I've told you in an earlier post, the Hampton Inn in Fort Smith treated me like a king. It's the only place that's ever given me my own treat box. Usually I have to look pitiful to even get a bite of Mom and Dad's goodies. (http://lukethedetectivedog.blogspot.com/2016/08/my-trip-to-ft-smith-arkansas.html)


Me at the top of Petit Jean

We visited a farm and I got to hang out with the cows. I didn't get very close to them or the chickens. Those chickens may be small but they move fast and make lots of noise.

We ended our trip with a visit to Petit Jean State Park and I loved it. I know people love to climb on the rocks but I'd rather check out all the smells. While Mom and Joyce took pictures, I discovered lots of new places.

The roads are twisty and turny and I had a tough time hanging on the car seat. I jumped in Dad's lap and that's always the most comfortable place to be.
Arkansas River


Mom loved the views and the Arkansas River down below us. It was too far away for me to check out. I let Mom take my picture a couple of times.

We saw some blue butterflies but they flew away before I got close to them.

Mom's friend, Evelyn



We met Mom's friend, Evelyn, in the park. Of course, I had to sit in the car while they ate lunch. Afterwards we went down the mountain to her home, where I spent some time with Spooky.

It was a great trip because dogs are welcome in Arkansas!

Spooky and me

No comments:

Post a Comment